I opted to create a beautiful monochromatic layout to match my stickers and found not only my Lady Pattern Paper scraps useful but some other scraps too.
I like matting my stickers to make them look ‘more’ if that even makes sense. So I start off by matting them.
Remove the sticker from the sticker sheet and adhere them to Lady Pattern Paper scrap bits of paper.
Freehand trim around the sticker to leave a coloured border.
Cut some of the little images out of the sticker and use them directly onto your layout or card. TIP: Ink the edges to hide cutting marks.
I added my matted stickers and cut out bits to my layout and added finishing touches like the sewn crosses and lines to them. I like dressing up my stickers a bit to help them support my theme better. Adding little details to stickers will give you dimension and texture to an otherwise plain and flat sticker element.
How to dress up your stickers
- Matt your stickers on patterned paper or cardstock
- Ink the edges of your stickers
- Add sewing details like crosses and lines to your stickers
- Emboss your stickers for a fun textured look
- Add diamanté, pearls and buttons to your stickers to dress them up
- Add a layer of glitter glue or dimensional glaze to your stickers