For this page layout, I discovered that the paper ‘tiles’ this means that it matches in the middle and the pattern continues…but not only the middle…I discovered that if you cut off the info strips at the bottom of the pages and turn them on their side, the pattern also continues from ‘top to bottom’ (now side to side)! How awesome is that?
Here are the two examples I tried. The blue and yellow one called Canvas I did not use for this layout, but just wanted to show you how clever it is!
So I settled on the brown and white background called Minimal for this layout as I wanted to use the yellow items from the cut-out sheet called Bounce.
Starting with the right-hand page, I cut one of the Minimal background sheets in half horizontally so that it would fit in my embossing folder and through my machine. I embossed the paper through the machine all along the one 12×6” strip and halfway along the other. Then I hand rubbed a faded emboss of the flowers using my giant ball tool for flowers. This allowed the embossing to fade out instead of ending with a hard edge.
Having done this I then inked the embossing with Distress Oxide called fossilized amber and Walnut stain. I then glued the page together again on the back using the cut off strip.
I cut two strips of hearts and a block of yellow Retro paper for the middle of my page and the cut-off strip from the bottom of the hearts page for the side. Using the blade of my scissors, I distressed the edges of my photos and glued everything down.
I built a cluster of embellishments from the cut-out sheet and added bling and some Celebr8 flowers and ribbon from my stash. I also added glossy accents to the word sunshine.
For the title, I used a Celebr8 chipboard which I inked with my distress markers and covered in clear embossing ink and powder then heated.
Moving to the left-hand page, I used the Hearts paper as a mat for the 5×7” photo and the rest of the cut off strip under the trimmed down A4 photo.
I raised the Dream Big cut-out on foam core and added glossy accents to the word big and the crown. I also added bling to the crown’s dots.