So being spoiled for choice as a base page background, I finally settled on the “Loot” sheet, as it matched my photos taken at Langebaan.
I then fussy cut the compass and banner and punched out the circles from the “Yo Ho Ho” sheet. I used what was left of the other side to fussy cut the title which I had printed off my computer and traced backwards on the cutout side using carbon paper.
I chopped the info strip off the “Old Salt” sheet to use on the outside edges of my pages. I wanted it to match up with the “Merboys” sheet I matted my photos on under the flaps.
I then took 2 sheets of “Starward” and cut them 7″ or 18cm wide, leaving the anchor intact to fussy cut out later. I scored both sheets 2.5″ or 6cm from the top to create a flap that would sit over my page protector in my album and give me more space for photos. I glued the sheets on using the full fold area.
I inked the edges of my photos with Jet black Archival ink to make them show up better and used Black Soot Distress ink on the punched circles which I put on foam tape to pop them off the page. I also used Black Soot Distress ink on the edges of the flaps.
I matted the two photos under the flaps on leftover paper from the second “Yo Ho Ho” sheet and “Starward” sheets.
My photos are all standard jumbo except for the two on the right-hand flap which was a 2 up print on my Selphy printer and the tiny one in the middle of the page also from a multi print on my Selphy printer where it chooses the sizes…