This is where the story begins is the perfect title for our new DT member’s first project. Ada Nicholls created a stunning single page Academia layout with beautiful layering. Scroll down for Ada’s instructions on how to create this page yourself.
Academia products you’ll need
- Chalk Ink (Versamagic jumbo java).
- White texture paste (colour slightly to create a light brown). You can use any paint or chalk to get the colour (bottom layer of the stencil).
- Acrylic paint (bronze), also mix it with texture paste (top layer of the stencil).
- Paint brush to colour the chippie.
- Foam strips to lift the fussy cut elements.
Assemble the page:
Paint the chippie. I only used the grid for this page. I used my paint brush to in the delicate little spaces. Allow to dry.
- Use Belle’s Books as the background sheet. I chalked all the edges.
- Use Biblichor and cut a piece 9 x 6 ½” (23 x 16.5 cm). Distress the edges. (Before using this page make sure you cut out the two sentiments required for the layering)
- Stick it on the page 1 ¼” (3 cm) from the top edge and 1 ½” 2.5 cm) from the left edge.
- Use the Reverse of Old Books sheet and cut a piece 11 x 5” (28 x 13 cm). Chalk the edges and stick on the page 2” (5cm) from the top edge and ½” (1.4 cm) from the left edge. This will go over Biblichor.
- Use the Bookshelf sheet BUT the reverse side and cut 3 pieces for the matting of the photos. I used the darker brown BUT you can choose any colour you prefer. Cut mattings 3 ¼ x 4 ¼”. (8.5 x 11.8 cm). Matt all 3 your photos on here.
- Stick it on the page on the Reverse of Old Books sheet.
- Use the Botanics sheet and cut 2 strips 6 x 2” (15 x 2.5cm). Distress the edges. Add 1 strip at the top on the right just tucking it under the Reverse of Old Books. Add the other strip at the bottom on the left.
- Now you can add all the fussy cut elements.
- I added some close ups of the layering.
- Also refer to the fussy cut sheet for the elements I used.
- I also used 3 books from the Old Books sheet.
Ladies, these are the pieces I used BUT they are all so gorgeous. You can decide which ones you prefer.