We’re super excited to share Marla’s first project as our DT member 🤩 Marla has captured the essence of the Academia collection beautifully. We LOVE this card!!!
- The final top-folding card measures 150 x 110 mm.
- Heavyweight (250 gsm) white cardstock was cut to 220 x 15 mm size and scored in half to create the card base.
- The Script Chocolate Chilli (LPP0038) paper was cut to 150 x 110 mm to create the background layer, and overlaid with a slightly smaller panel (145 x 100 mm) from the Belle’s Books (LPP00129) page.
- Elements from the Botanics (LPP00127) page were fussy cut and assembled on a flat surface. A piece of Press and Seal (available at Woolworths) was used to keep the arranged pieces together (see photos) to allow them to be adhered together with some washi tape on the backside (see photo). This is to enable an outline of the arrangement to be traced (see photo). Three outline layers were traced, cut and glued together and then glued to the arranged pieces. This enables the arrangement to have a bit of dimension on the card which gives it depth and a more finished look. This was glued onto the background panel, leaving space o the top left corner for a sentiment.
- The sentiment was stamped with clear embossing ink on the Book Shelf (LPP00126) paper and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, and diecut using a stitched banner die. This was adhered to the card with some double-sided foam tape.